Presentation

370z drifting

370z drifting

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blogging Experience

Science and technology is my favorite topic; there is just so much that I enjoy about it. It was extremely easy to pick topics for me to narrow down and research on. I had a list of at least ten. However, picking one was so hard. I was interested in war and especially the arms race, but I did not care about all the politics that came between the US and the USSR during the arms race. I experienced the same story with the space race. However, the power of the weapons still mystified me. I was excited learning about how the atomic bomb was made between the two world wars, how the two smartest men in science were put on a job to create the most destructive weapon ever used. The idea of power was also found in cars. The invention of the internal-combustion engine made automobiles much more powerful and efficient in the turn of the 19th century. I found that the car meant more to the people than just a way to get from point a to b. It was a status of wealth and royalty to start off. Then it became dependable and common with the model T. However, the true automotive appreciation came when cars were made to please the costumer. They were not made to just get them from point a to b, but to get them there, comfortably, quick, fun, in style, or even just take them away from life. The poem I read about the Oldsmobile is a perfect example; the two teenagers wanted to be alone together and go on an adventure to experience something new. It was the car that allowed them to actually do this. The car brought them together and gave them freedom. However, the type of automobiles that interest me the most are the ones that put a smile on your face. Whether it is because of the unbridled power the engine puts out or the sharp precise handling or maybe even the beauty of the car itself. However, it is really hard to write and research about a cars handling and the feeling you get when you hit an apex pulling .9 g's. Therefore I decided to concentrate on power and speed, more specifically engines. There is so much that can be researched about engines. Today I know a little about engines, but I feel like it would be fun to learn about every detail in the common engine and how the new Bugatti W-16 engine is so amazing. I feel like I will go into aeronautical or mechanical engineering and will be working with engines in the future; therefore this topic will be very beneficial for starting off my knowledge of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment