Presentation

370z drifting

370z drifting

Monday, February 22, 2010

Response

I just went through Andrew's presentation on gays and lesbians. Going into it I had believed that it was different to have a same sex marriage. I would uncontrollably look at people differently if they were gay. Unfortunately that was how I was raised. Even this weekend with my grandparents I was at a restaurant and our waiter wan noticeably gay and when he walked away my grandparents started mocking him. I thought it was funny, but now after watching Andrew's presentation I realize it is not. If I knew how much the gays had to go through and put yourself in the shoes of a gay man I would not have laughed. I can only imagine what it would be like to have death threats sent to you by the hundreds like Mr. Milk. It was also good to know why the gay people have a parade in Chicago. At first I thought they were just trying to show off that they were gay and different. However, now I know that the parade is because of the Stonewall riots which is when the gays rebel against the police because of an unjust rule that says that no more than 3 gays can sit at a bar. Overall, I learned a lot about the struggle that gays have gone through and how well they endure the pressures that society puts on them. I will definitely not mock a gay guy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment